This is a discarded shirt of my husbands. I loved the color, so I tried to see how I could change it to work for me. For a discussion of shirring, click here.
I started shirring in rows across the front by one shoulder, and discovered after several rows that I was going crooked. I thought it looked interesting, so I went with it, and repeated it on the other side. I don't really like the way they met up in the middle.
I cut two inches off the sleeves and sewed with elastic thread one inch from the edge.
There was a logo on the left side that I covered with a flower. I took a strip of fabric from what I cut off of the sleeves and wrapped it around to cover the logo. Then I hand sewed it in place at certain points so that it would pucker.
In the back I sewed shirring lines straight across until it was even with the front. If I were to do it again I would make the lines first in chalk and then sew them. If you look closely, you can see how crooked the lines are.
I really like the length. I intended this shirt to hide my postpartum tubbiness, and I think it does a good job of that.