Sunday, April 29, 2012

Growing Creatively

Pinterest has changed me.
In the sense that I started growing my garden long before it was warm enough.  I found a pin from skruben.blogspot.com, and once I read her explanation, I had to try it out myself.  As you can tell, it works!

It was such a good idea  They used soda bottles, but we have more juice around than soda.  So you cut it off about 1/3 from the top, poke a hole in the lid, and run a string or yarn through the hole, and then fill the top 1/3 with soil and plant your seeds.  Thoroughly wet everything, and then fill the bottom with water.  The string acts as a wick to pull moisture into the soil when needed, keeping everything at its preferred level of moisture.  And I just have to notice when it has run out of water.

I have enjoyed watching these fellows grow, and I'm almost reluctant to banish them to the garden.

The empty looking container in the middle is oregano.  Look, they're beginning to sprout!

No comments:

Post a Comment