Friday, September 23, 2011

Quick Puppy Dog Costume

I hadn't planned on dressing up for Halloween last year. Kewpie Doll goes to bed so early, and she wasn't really old enough to "get" trick or treating. But my parents planned a family Halloween party, so at the last moment, I had to come up with a costume for her. Her favorite thing at that moment was puppies, so I let that be my inspiration. Using the white t-shirt I'd just made her and white pants, all I needed was ears and a tail.

To make the ears, I took a brown wash cloth.

I cut two pieces into twice the size I wanted, sewed three sides together, and then turned it inside out. These are the ears. I attached them to a white ribbon, which I tied around Kewpie's head.


Using what was left over from the towel, I rolled it into a tube and hand sewed it closed. Then I rolled it up and put a book on it. That gave it just enough curl to curl up a bit.


Which is how Kewpie Doll became her favorite animal.


No comments:

Post a Comment