Thursday, April 18, 2013

Circle Skirt from T shirt

I must give credit where it's due.  I first wanted to make a circle skirt after seeing Dana's of MADE.


But to actually make the skirt, I used the circle skirt calculator from the snugbug.  It is precise and amazing.


Since Kewpie has decided that she likes skirts more than pants or shorts, I wanted a skirt that she could wear like shorts.  Casual, fun, not show the dirt.


So I used an old heather gray t-shirt.


For the waistband, I did the same as a skirt I made for myself here. Super comfy, no need for elastic.


I must make more circle skirts. They even make walking more fun.


And it hangs so well.


As a side note, it might be noticeable that I haven't posted much as of late.  At the moment, life (baby and sickness) has taken over, and sewing was shoved into the back seat.  But I've woken from sewing dreams lately and my mind is brimming with ideas of fun things to do.  We'll see if real life will allow for those to become real.

Meanwhile, I'll post a few projects I didn't have time to post before, to appease my hunger to create again.

No comments:

Post a Comment